For our client in Leeuwarden we are looking for a Linux Ops Engineer (Java/Tibco),
As an engineer you will be working in a 7 persons squad. The purpose of the squad is to deliver a real-time, 24/7, and 360 degree client-view from a single source of truth, to ensure that clients can access the most up-to-date information, via state-of-the-art API’s (Java). This squad works in a DevOps manner. Scrum/Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery practices are very important within our Area.
Together with your team you are responsible for maintaining Java and Tibco applications (maintenance, monitoring, life-cycle-management, resilience) and you have extensive knowledge of the behaviour and dependencies of the applications. You will be working in close co-operation with stakeholders and you will be actively participating in deploying and configuring new features, components and releases in a controlled and automated way.
You take initiative in coordinating dependencies with other teams and you feel responsible for the quality and availability of your software.
– Knowledge of Linux environments, bash scripting etc
– Knowledge of Apache/tomcat
– Knowledge of and/or experience with Java and Tibco
Nice to have:
– Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery using modern OSS tools such as Jenkins, Nolio, Maven, Gitlab and Artifactory
– Experience with HP PerformanceCenter for creating, executing and analyses of performance scenario’s
– Capacity/Availability Monitoring, knowledge of well-known OSS tools in this area (Logstash, Graphite, Grafana, Seyren, etc.) is a big preference
– You handle application risk controls in an efficient way, proactively contributing to prevent security and operational risks
– You enforce that the right levels of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the application are preserved
– Able to work under pressure, willing to be on stand-by outside of office hours
– Experience with the agile/SCRUM way of working, preferably as a Scrum Master. You have attention for the Scrum process and adhere to it
– Strong analytical skills
– Strong negotiator
– Team player
– Good social and communication skills
– Dutch speaking and writing is a pre. English is required